Will we see you during the Belgian AI week?
On Monday 15 and Tuesday the 16th of March during the Belgian AI week you will get to know more about the Flanders AI Research program. The Belgian AI week is an initiative of the lively Belgian AI ecosystem. The purpose of this week is to provide inspiring insights from the Belgian AI community, both for experts and laymen.
There will be plenty of AI experts among the attendees who will tell you more about how Artificial Intelligence can make impact your daily life. The Belgian AI week has its kick-off on Monday March 15. There will be an opening session at 2 p.m. with representatives from different regional and federal AI initiatives. At 4 p.m. starts the session on AI Flanders Between 5 p.m. and 6.30 p.m. we will tell you more about the Flanders AI Research Program, one of the components of AI Flanders.
Sabine Demey, program director of the Flanders AI Research program, will tell you, together with different experts, about the research challenges they are tackling in the program. They will start this explanation from concrete use cases:
- Liesbet Peeters (UHasselt) will tell you more about how AI is used to improve the treatment of patients with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Piet Demeester (UGent) will focus on the main research challenges they are facing in this case, namely: “Trustworthy AI” and including the advice of the experts.
- Koen Vanthournout (VITO/Energyville) and Lola Botman (KULeuven) will shine their light over the use of AI to get a better understanding of and an improved management of electricity distribution networks.
- Abdel Bey-Temsamani (Flanders Make) will explain about the role of AI plays in the manufacturing industry. He will be accompanied by several AI-experts who will inform you about a few crucial research topics: a smooth interaction between humans and machines (Steven Latré (UAntwerpen)), the collaboration between multiple AI-agents (Ann Nowé (VUB)) and energy-efficient AI (Axel Nackaerts (imec)).
Elena Tsiporkova (Sirris) will present some recent AI.ICON projects.
You can register for the sessions on March 15th via this link: https://bit.ly/3sSwHRP
On Tuesday the 16th of March from 11 a.m. on during the Belgian AI week there will be more sessions related to the research in the Flanders AI Research Program:
- 11 – 12 a.m.: Axel Nackaerts (imec) will tell you more about energy efficient Artificial Intelligence
- 2.30 – 4.30 p.m.: During the ‘AI4Industry 4.0 session’ the different regional AI initiatives in Belgium will be presented in the context of AI for the manufacturing industry. We will get you acquainted with several applications within this domain. Speakers: Sabine Demey, program director of the Flanders AI Research Program, Abdel Bey-Temsamani (Flanders Make), Elena Tsiporkova (Sirris).
You can register for the sessions on March 16th via this link: https://www.ai4belgium.be/ai-for-industry-4-0-research-projects-in-belgium
What can you expect during the Belgian AI week? You will see some inspiring presentations and participatory workshops about Artificial Intelligence in Belgium. More into detail you’ll witness how several players out of the AI field organize the research and practical implementation of AI. We will provide answers on some burning questions: how can we use AI in society on an ethical and responsible manner? How can we use those new technologies for healthcare? What about the researchers? The questions above and many more will be answered during this week. How can you participate? The sessions are free of charge. You’ll find the detailed program via this link: https://aiweek.ai4belgium.be. We’re already excited to welcome you and give you a deep dive into this fascinating content.